I know it's been a while since you've seen anything from me. And while I still don't have much time, I just wanted to share with you one of my favorite recipes for this time of year! If you have a garden overflowing with zucchini (like me) you'll appreciate this recipe even more!
This is my famous yummy recipe for zucchini bread. It's sweet like a cake, so don't expect this to be a super healthy. Sometimes I reduce the sugar by ¼ cup depending on the day. If you're wanting something more healthy, you can reduce the sugar even more, or substitute agave nectar, honey or molasses for the sugar. You can even add a cup of chopped nuts if you like.
This bread freezes extremely well, so you can use up all that zucchini in your garden and enjoy the bread for months! I also like to make muffins instead of a loaf for grab and go convenience (as well as to ration portions for my kids!)
* 3 cups all-purpose flour
* 1 teaspoon salt
* 1 teaspoon baking soda
* 1 teaspoon baking powder
* 3 teaspoons ground cinnamon
* 3 eggs
* 1 cup vegetable oil (I use Olive)
* 2 1/4 cups white sugar
* 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
* 2 cups grated zucchini
1. Grease and flour two 8 x 4 inch pans. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
2. Sift flour, salt, baking powder, soda, and cinnamon together in a bowl.
3. Beat eggs, oil, vanilla, and sugar together in a large bowl. Add sifted ingredients to the creamed mixture, and beat well. Stir in zucchini until well combined. Pour batter into prepared pans.
4. Bake for 40 to 60 minutes, or until tester inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool in pan on rack for 20 minutes. Remove bread from pan, and completely cool.
Tip: If you want to make this recipe to give as Christmas gifts, you can grate and freeze your zucchini until you're ready to start baking for the holidays!